- Format, prescriptivism and Plato's chair The (un?)importance of standards in writing.
- True stories The extent of an author's indulgence in fantasy.
- Communicating environmental realities: framing and fiction A response to a series of articles in Ecology discussing the issues of framing/marketing environmentalism.
- A letter to my conservative friend Look again at what's being asked.
- Nature and the illusion of peace Turning to nature for peace that isn't there.
- Remediating Acid Mine Drainage: History and Techniques in Appalachia
- Refounding Appalachia: The scars of heritage and history A bit of history and a new paper that discusses a new foundation for our eastern mountains.